Thursday, June 11, 2009

lolz...full circle, right?

To be completely honest, I was totally rooting for him. Too bad again, eh?

Bad enough that he was chosen right after the good Manning...bad enough that he flamed out hardcore. I was really wishing nothing but the best for Ryan Leaf. I mean, he cost the Chargers big time but that happens to first round quarterbacks on occasion. And while he generally seemed like a bad person, I still can't wish ill-will on him. I don't know why. If there's any athlete associated with San Diego that I should hate, it should be Ryan Leaf.

Also: there's a movie. Which is interesting. I wish I was in San Diego so I could go see that. I think watching Ryan Leaf's story would be like watching a car wreck. Bobby Beathard would be the passenger who picked Leaf to be the DD that night (because at a party the week before Leaf didn't drink at all because Leaf was trying to pick up a straight edge chick) and Leaf was drunk, crashed the car (the Chargers), then staggered out of the wreck only to get hit by a truck.

I know that's a tortured analogy. But I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't get a chance to watch that documentary but I heard it was wildly amateur. For all the hype here in SD, very underwhelming.

    You almost gotta feel sorry for the guy. I know it's mostly his fault but he's your typical 'Cant't Get Right"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I do feel sorry for him. He had all that hype...I mean, he got like $15 mill guaranteed and he broke into somebody's house to get drugs. That's bad times. Also, what if he had made it? He'd always be compared to Peyton and, lets face it, he was no Peyton. Perhaps the best thing for him was to flame out. Also, some good came of it for the Chargers...he set off the chain of events of no Vick, a safe Brees pick, LT, Merriman, Rivers, etc. because management was terrified of taking another franchise quarterback high in the first round.

    On the other hand, he did get $15 mill. And he didn't try at all in the NFL. Which is pretty unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete