Monday, June 1, 2009

Gonzo

Dude...I just got to say this. Sometimes you win on a trade, sometimes you lose. Sorry Texas:

January 6, 2006: Traded by the Texas Rangers with Terrmel Sledge and Chris Young to the San Diego Padres for Billy Killian (minors), Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka.

That would be Adrian Gonzalez, the MLB leader in home runs. While playing at Petco. And yes, that Adam Eaton. I mean, I gotta celebrate what I can, right?

Also, there's been some rumors about trading Gonzo. But...I mean, the guys from San Diego. His brother's on the team. He's preeetttty much a Daygo icon (get it? I'm cool). Oh, and he doesn't get paid very much at all. And he's Mexican in a city that's across the border from...well, Mexico. That should probably be re-worded. Whatevskis. He's not moving.

2 comments:

  1. You should know better. NO ONE is off limits. Now, I do think the likelihood of Gonzalez being traded is not very high. All those things you mentioned, plus looking at his Home/Away stats are more the reason why if he is traded, it better be for a whole lot more than what we've been 'offered' for Jacob.

    Also interesting/pathetic to note is that he may not make the HR Derby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while I would agree that no one is off limits...He's so valuable that I feel like the Padres have got to get something ridiculous in return. Boston is making noise and they've got the prospects to make me happy...

    Fuck the Home Run Derby. I hate it. But at least Gonzo is getting attention.

    ReplyDelete